THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING of our community is our top priority. Tompkins County Health Department (TCHD) is working closely with community partners to prevent and respond to the evolving novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Reopening Guidance & Guidelines for Businesses and Services.
- NYS Travel Advisory
- Food Resources for families, households, and individuals
- Workplace affirmation Posters for workplaces who have submitted their Affirmation to NYS.
- File a local complaint related to Phased Reopening guidelines.
- Going out: what to know about gatherings, face coverings, distancing
- Cluster Action Initiative, micro-clusters
On This Page
- NY Forward
- Keep Our Community Strong
- Resources for Reopening
- County Updates: Live Stream COVID-19 County Updates
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has released a framework for reopening communities and businesses region by region, called NY Forward. This site is updated by the Governor’s office with details on reopening guidelines for regions in New York State.
- Tompkins County is in the Southern Tier Region of New York State.
- NYS Dashboard: Early Warning Monitoring.
- Links to more NYS web pages.
Moving Forward Together
Keep Tompkins County Healthy & Safe
Consider the following when you go out to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Even while more spaces and businesses begin to open, keeping 6 feet of distance between you and others continues to be an effective way to stop the spread of COVID-19. More info here.
Avoid entering crowded rooms or areas. Limit occupancy to allow for proper distancing. Monitor the flow of people in your surroundings, and remove yourself if an area becomes too crowded. More info here.
Your mask protects others, their mask protects you. The wearing of masks when you can’t guarantee social distancing is a proven way to stop the spread of COVID-19. More info here.
Washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, and consistently cleaning frequently touched surfaces can help to stop the spread COVID-19. More info here.
Symptoms and Testing
Monitor Your Symptoms. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or body aches, seek a test & stay home. More info here.
Get Tested: Register online at cayugahealth.org or call 607-319-5708.
The 14-day quarantine is critical for preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you are required to quarantine, be responsible: stay at your residence and follow all guidance for the full 14 days. More info here.
No one should feel like they’re alone. Local mental health services are available for anyone who is having a hard time coping with this community wide crisis. Find more information and local resources here.
Posters for businesses and workplaces
Additional posters for download are here.
Safe, high quality childcare is recognized as a critical component to the re-opening process. The EOC is in communication with the Child Development Council, local daycare providers, and summer camp operators to answer questions, plan, and review NYS guidance to determine how and when daycare facilities can open.
The Child Development Council's COVID-19 Services and Resources page includes information on the following:
- CARES Child Care Scholarship for essential personnel, who qualifies as an essential worker, Income eligibility tables, and a Parent Survey application form.
- Child care Emergency Scholarship Fund information.
- Info about family support services and access to face masks and coverings.
If you need childcare, call (607) 273-0259 or email email@example.com.
Request masks for a business or organization in Tompkins County
(6/3/20) The supply of cloth masks is currently limited. Use the form to request only the quantity of cloth masks needed for your employees.
- Building maintenance: Cleaning and Disinfection; Restarting water systems
- Summary of June 2020 Tompkins County Government Operations; Reconstitution Of Operations Plans, (Open PDF here)
Business and Economic Development Partners
- Tompkins County Area Development (TCAD)
- Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Ithaca Alliance
- City of Ithaca Office of Economic Development
- Workforce Development Board/ Workforce NY
Live Stream COVID-19 Updates with county and EOC leadership
As we Move Forward, county leadership and EOC team members are live streaming COVID-19 updates, responding to questions of interest to local businesses and organizations, and to the community at large. Video recordings are below. Upcoming live stream "town hall" updates are announced on our home page and on social media.
Aug 13, 2020
Previous Live Streams:
July 15, 2020 || June 26, 2020 ||
Videos from 5/11/2020 on are available on the Tompkins County YouTube Channel