What Is PROS?
Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) is a comprehensive recovery-oriented program for adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The main goal of the program is help people work on all aspects of their life — social, work, education, housing, finding purpose — when mental health or substance use creates barriers.
Often the outcome of participating in PROS includes an improvement in overall quality of life, a decrease in hospitalizations, and movement towards goals. Each class cycle lasts 12 weeks, but you may begin whenever you are ready. Some examples of favorite classes have been, Change Triangle, Coping with Panic, Strengthening Social Skills, Financial Wellness and Healthy Relationships.
Anytime is the right time to start down your recovery path!
Services With PROS
- Community Rehabilitation Service(CRS): This area of PROS focuses on developing coping and problem-solving skills, as well as improving relationships and living skills – like budgeting and healthy living.
- Intensive Rehabilitation (IR): This service can be provided individually or in groups. It is used to address specific goal areas of trauma recovery, substance use or looking for employment/ schooling. Usually, this service lasts a short period of time – an “intensive burst” of support.
- Ongoing Rehabilitation and Support(ORS): The ORS component is provided individually by a staff member. Ongoing Rehabilitation and Support staff can meet with participants in thecommunity or at their workplace to helpthem balance taking care of their mentalhealth needs and keeping their job. Thismight involve coping skills developmentor direct support with employers.
- Clinic Treatment (CT): The CTcomponent can help participantsovercome barriers that may be causedby their physical health, mental health,and/or substance use disorder. ClinicTreatment includes nursing, counseling, and medication management.
What Will I Do At Pros?
Participants are in the driver's seat and work with clinicians to write their own recovery plan. Classes are offered based on needs and requests of the participants. Each class cycle lasts 12 weeks, but people may begin at any time. There are lots of opportunities for peer led activities to meet the interests of participants. Some examples of peer led groups are:
- Social Activities
Click here for a full listing of PROS Courses!
PROS May be Right for You if...
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are having trouble reaching goals in areas such as work, school, relationships, and stable housing.
- Barriers related to mental health and/or substance use keep you from reaching your goals.
- You are able to participate in and benefit from group programming.
It's Easy to Get Involved
- Call for a screening appointment — we will see you within one week!
- Walk into the Mental Health Building and ask for an appointment.
- Ask your therapist to make a referral to PROS
SUCCESS BEGINS HERE!