Local Primary Election – June 27, 2023, polls open 6 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Early Voting for the Local June 27th Primary will be June 17, 2023 – June 25, 2023 (Click HERE for hours and location, and HERE for Early Voting Communication Plan)
General Election – November 7, 2023
Early Voting for the November 7th General will be October 28, 2023 – November 5, 2023
Absentee Ballot Information Where do I vote?
Voter Information by Address Lookup
How do I register to Vote or change my Party?
How do I get an Absentee Ballot?
How do I check my Registration Status?
Campaign Finance Filing Information
Click here for school district contact information
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Board of Elections website.
We are a bi-partisan team of Voting and Election Specialists, charged with the preservation of citizen confidence in the democratic process and enhancement of voter participation in elections. Directed by Election Commissioners, our Deputies, Clerks, Machine Technicians, and 300+ Election Day Inspectors are funded by the tax-payers of Tompkins County, fiscally accountable to Tompkins County Legislators, and responsible under New York State Election Law for the following;
- Voter eligibility, registration, and notification
- Processing and verification of candidate petitions and documents
- Assisting candidates in understanding the steps needed in order to run for an elected office
- Campaign finance disclosures of candidates and campaign committees
- Recruiting, training, and assigning Election Day Inspectors to conduct elections
- Maintaining, testing, repairing, and deploying Election Day equipment; and
- Canvassing, auditing, and certifying voting results
Tompkins County consistently ranks in the top annual voter turnout in New York State. We encourage EVERY eligible citizen to exercise their right to vote.