DEM: 30,927 REP: 10,104 BLANK: 12,115 OTH: 3,133 TOTAL: 56,279 (updated 7/7/2023)
Sign up to be a poll worker! Poll workers are essential to ensure elections are a success. During each election, millions of Americans dedicate themselves to sustaining the backbone of democracy - our election process. The EAC encourages those interested in becoming poll workers at the polls on Election Day to learn more about what is required and how to sign up to work with your local election office, the Tompkins County Board of Elections (607-274-5522).
General Election – November 7, 2023, polls open 6 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Early Voting for the November 7th General will be October 28, 2023 – November 5, 2023 (Click HERE for hours and location, and HERE for Early Voting Communication Plan)
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Board of Elections website.
We are a bi-partisan team of Voting and Election Specialists, charged with the preservation of citizen confidence in the democratic process and enhancement of voter participation in elections. Directed by Election Commissioners, our Deputies, Clerks, Machine Technicians, and 300+ Election Day Inspectors are funded by the tax-payers of Tompkins County, fiscally accountable to Tompkins County Legislators, and responsible under New York State Election Law for the following;
- Voter eligibility, registration, and notification
- Processing and verification of candidate petitions and documents
- Assisting candidates in understanding the steps needed in order to run for an elected office
- Campaign finance disclosures of candidates and campaign committees
- Recruiting, training, and assigning Election Day Inspectors to conduct elections
- Maintaining, testing, repairing, and deploying Election Day equipment; and
- Canvassing, auditing, and certifying voting results
Tompkins County consistently ranks in the top annual voter turnout in New York State. We encourage EVERY eligible citizen to exercise their right to vote.