County Services           How Do I?     

BOE How Do I Register?

How Do I Register to vote, change my party or my address?  

 A registration form is used to register to vote for the first time or to make changes to your registration (ex. address change or party change):


1.To Register to vote online: 

Go to MY DMV (Must have a NYS Driver's License or Non Drivers ID Card);

You can register to vote online using the New York State Board of Elections' Online Voter Registration portal.


2. Print a voter registration form pdf from the web; fill it out; sign and date it; then either mail it to us or bring it to our office at 128 E. Buffalo St., Ithaca, NY. You must have Adobe Acrobat on your computer to see this file. If you get a blank screen, click "refresh." Also, disabling anti-popup software may help. Be sure to click on the printer icon in the Adobe toolbar, not the browser toolbar;

Military and overseas voters (use FPCA absentee application)

Accessible Registration Form

3. Call 274-5521 to request a form be sent to you; OR stop by our office at 128 E. Buffalo Street, Ithaca, NY 14850  

Note: You cannot register to vote via e-mail or fax.


Who can Register to Vote?

You must be a registered voter in order to vote in the general or primary elections. To register, you must be a United States citizen, be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18), live at your present address for at least 30 days before an election, and not claim the right to vote elsewhere. You may not register or vote if you are in prison for a felony conviction.