This page contains resources intended to support people interested in advancing tourism development in Tompkins County.
The Tompkins County Tourism Program considers a visitor someone who travels from 50 or more miles to our county or travelers who stay in the county overnight. This definition aligns with the guidance provided by Empire State Development. The resources below can be helpful for preparing a grant application or report.
- Map of locations that are 50 miles from Tompkins County
- List of zip codes within 50 miles of Tompkins County
The Tompkins Festivals Program offers workshops on various aspects of event planning:
- Budgeting and fundraising for your special event
- Marketing and communications for your special event
- Enhancing and measuring the tourism impact of your event
- Volunteer coordination
Download template budget tables below:
- Tourism Advancement grant template budget table (excel)
- Community Celebration grant template budget table.
Grant recipients are required to acknowledge the support of the Tompkins County Tourism Program. See the recognition guidelines for logos and instructions.