The Department of Social Services provides assistance to persons experiencing a range of emergency situations including but not limited to: domestic violence, homelessness, homeowner health and safety concerns, condemned property, fire, flood and other natural disasters.
24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 277-5500
24-Hour Homeless Emergency Hotline: 354-8990
During regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM) please contact Emergency Services at 274-5030.
Emergency Shelter: St. John's Community Services 354-8990
The Human Services Coalition's Food Resources web page contains information for:
Free Community Meals schedule
Food Pantries schedule
Mobile food pantries
- Ithaca Freecycle - Subscribe to Yahoo email group listing items people are giving away FREE.
- Craigslist for Ithaca - online for sale/free ads
- Salvation Army - 381 Elmira Road sell used furniture at reasonable rates - WEDNESDAYs are 50% OFF
- FInger Lakes ReUse - Two locations with furniture, household items and more at affordable prices. You can get referred for a free gift card and may be eligible for free delivery of items - they must receive a referral for you submitted by a human service agency you are working with.
- Catholic Charities - 324 West Buffalo Street, Ithaca NY 272-5062 Occasionally receive donations of used furniture. Can provide blankets and sheets to individuals in need. You can also be added to a will call list as items become available