The Highway Division maintains close to 302 highway miles and 109 bridges in Tompkins County. The mission of the Highway Division is to provide highway and bridge construction, maintenance, and emergency services safely, effectively, and efficiently for our local and traveling public customers, while promoting self-esteem and growth as individuals.
Road Maintenance staff construct, maintain, and repair roads, maintain intersections and roadside drainage, eliminate roadside hazards, and repair guardrails. The Tompkins County Highway Division also maintains more than 4,500 signs.
To report a County Road or bridge emergency 24-hours a day,
call (607) 274-0300.
Summer Schedule Hours:
6:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday (Field Staff)
6:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday & 6:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Friday (Office)
Winter Schedule Hours:
6:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (Field Staff)
6:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (Office)
(Closed Weekends and Holidays)
- All drainage pipe and drop inlets have been installed.
- Roadway pavement has been reclaimed and graded.
- New sections of roadway on Hanshaw Road and intersections of Kay Street, Orchard Street, Warren Road, Muriel Street, Salem Drive, and Sapsuckersoods Road have been reconstructed.
- All of the above have had the base course of asphalt installed.
- Curbs and gutters have been installed.
- Finish rebuilding shoulders on both sides of road, including slopes on east end of project.
- Raise all drop inlet frames and grates to finish grade.
- Place blacktop (binder course) on all of Hanshaw Road and intersections.
- Place blacktop (top course) on all of Hanshaw Road and intersections.
- Place and grade gravel for new sidewalks.
- Place concrete sidewalks.
- Place asphalt sidewalks.
- Stripe road.
- Restore all driveways.
- Permanent placement of mailboxes.
- Topsoil Placement.
- Seeding and mulching.
- Plantings, project wide.
- Install signs.
- Install traffic signal at Warren Road.
- Replace survey markers.
- Pipe replaced and DI's installed.
- Finish building slopes throughout project. (9/15/14=10% complete, 9/22/14=20% complete, 10/7/14=30% complete, 10/21/14=40% complete, 10/30/14=50% complete, 11/5/14=80% complete. 11/11/14=90% complete)
Additional Project Information - CLICK HERE
NONE SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME.