HelpContact UsFOILSite Map

Custom Navigation

Living in Tompkins County linkLearning in Tompkins County linkVisiting Tompkins County linkBusiness in Tompkins County linkTompkins County Government link

Care about our local community? Get involved!

You are here:

You are here

> Care about our local community? Get involved!


The Tompkins County Health Department will be closed Oct. 18, Noon-4:30PM, for staff development. The answering service will receive phone calls.and will notify staff In case of emergency.

Injury from falling is a major risk for older adults and people with disabilities.  Click HERE to review information on how to prevent falls from the Office for the Aging.

Opportunities to serve on several Planning & Sustainability advisory boards. Further details HERE.

The Health Department is providing flu vaccinations for adults at its building, 55 Brown Road, across from the Airport.  Call 274-6616 to schedule your appointment.  More information

previous next

Care about our local community? Get involved!

Monday, October 30, 2017

Tompkins County is seeking motivated volunteers who reflect the diverse backgrounds and interests of our community to serve on its Planning Advisory Board (PAB).

Participation on a County advisory body is an excellent way to get involved in local government and can truly make a difference. This fall, the PAB is seeking applicants for the following seats: At-Large,  Education, and Natural Environment.

The PAB provides the Tompkins County Legislature and the Department of Planning and Sustainability with advice and counsel on comprehensive land-use planning and matters related to regional, County, and municipal planning.

Members typically meet in downtown Ithaca eight to ten times per year from 9:00-10:30 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month.

Individuals interested in applying for a seat on the Planning Advisory Board must fill out an application and submit it to the Clerk of the Tompkins County Legislature.  Applications will be reviewed by the Planning Advisory Board with appointment by the County Legislature. 

Applications can be found at and should be submitted by November 20, 2017.